Saturday, April 27, 2013

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice?

Next week we are finding out the sex of the baby (assuming he/she cooperates!), so this week we have been taking polls to find out what everyone else thinks! Boy or girl? So far, it's been an overwhelming number of BOY votes.

This week we got back from a 12 day vacation to Florida, Haiti, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel (and I am seriously missing the warm weather!). But while we were on our cruise I got a massage. This little Filipino lady was the one giving me the massage...she is from the Philippines and has been working on the cruise ship for several years. When the massage was over she said to me "So you're having a girl?" I told her that we didn't know yet if the baby is a boy or a girl, to which she responded "Oh no, you're having a girl! I can tell just by looking at your belly!"

Well, this got me thinking....let's try out a bunch of old wives tales to see what the gender will be! So here you go:

1.) The Mayan tale adds the mothers age at conception and the year of conception. If the result is a even number then mom is having a girl. If the result is an odd number then a boy is on the way. That would mean a BOY for me!

2.) This test combines a tablespoon of baking soda and urine together. If the mixture does nothing, it's a girl. If it fizzes, it's a boy. GIRL!

3.) It is thought that a baby girl will steal her mother's beauty. So if your skin and hair become dry or if you have a lot of acne then it's a girl. My skin and hair went from being great before I was pregnant, to dry as a bone. So I guess this gets a vote for a GIRL.

4.) People believe that if you are craving salty foods while pregnant, you can count on having a boy. If you crave sweets, fruit, and orange juice, you are having a little girl. Definitely a GIRL!

5.) If the baby's heart rate is above 140 bpm, it is said that the baby will be a girl. If it is under 140 bpm, then it will be a boy. Another GIRL.

6.) Take off your wedding ring, tie it to a piece of string, and hang it over your belly. If it swings in a circle, you are promised a boy; back and forth indicates a girl. I tried this one three times- all the same...GIRL.

7.) If your hubby packs on a little sympathy weight, the tales say you're in for a sugary-sweet little girl. Haha poor Mark...another GIRL!

8.) Sick as a dog? Morning sickness indicates pink. If you sail through without any sickness, it's blue skies ahead. GIRL!

9.) If you dream about having a girl while pregnant, you will wind up having a boy and vice versa. I've only dreamed about boy babies, so another GIRL.

10.) If a toddler boy shows interest in your belly, you'll have a girl. If he ignores you, it's a boy. Graham has determined that I am having a baby girl which we should name "Brother". Hmm. I guess it's another vote for GIRL!

11.) Mood swings? The extra hormones say it's a girl. You can verify this one with Mark- I'm pretty sure it's another GIRL.

12.) If you feel as though you're gliding through the day, you'll have a girl. Clumsy? It's a boy. This would indicate a BOY for me.

13.) If you're craving citrus while pregnant, you're having a girl. I've been eating lemons like there's no tomorrow! Just thinking about it makes me want to eat one...GIRL.

14.) Using the Chinese lunar month and age...BOY!

15.) This one is simple...what do Mark and I think the baby is going to be? We both agree- GIRL :)


Stay tuned for the gender announcement in the next week or two!


Photobucket

No comments

Post a Comment

© // Jojo & Bee //
Maira Gall