Tuesday, February 5, 2013

D-Day

Well, the final plans have been made. We will have our sweet little C only until next Saturday.

*sigh*

I'm really torn with this post, because we have worked really hard to come to terms with C leaving us...but still, it's terribly heartbreaking.

We love this little guy so much, and we have such high hopes for his future. We pray everyday that he will never have to go without again. That he will always be loved and cared for.

One thing that is making this whole thing easier is that we have seen a change in C's heart. Up until a week or two ago C still did not display the kind of attachment that was needed for him to be placed back with his father. This was not only observed by us, but also by all of the social workers that are involved in his case. But last week I decided to hang around for a few minutes when I was dropping him off for one of his visits and something strange was staring me right in the face: C had bonded with his father. In fact, he paid me no attention at all! He was so happy and content to be there with him, it made my heart full. I was so grateful to be able to witness this transformation. What a blessing for all of us. A tender mercy.

So while this still isn't easy for us, we are at least prepared. We will definitely cry, and feel like our home is eerily quiet and clean. But it will be okay, and we will jump back into the Foster Care game. We'll take a little break - go on a vacation or something. But by summertime we'll be opening our home (and our hearts) once again.

What a fantastic adventure this has been. We feel lucky to have been part of sweet little C's life.

Until next time...here is some picture overload :)














Photobucket

5 comments

  1. You are mature and wise well beyond your years Britt. I can't tell you how much I love you and Mark nor how much I look up to you. It's a wonderful day when your children are the example in spirituality and maturity that you need to strive for. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Brittany. C will always hold a special place in our hearts. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Britt, you have, in my opinion, a remarkable gift of writing and expressing your thoughts. I hope you find a way to pursue this talent. Maybe a book or story of your adventure. Your gift is very apparent. Just wanted you to know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Mick! Honestly, I use this blog almost like a diary...so I just kinda put it all out there.

    ReplyDelete

© // Jojo & Bee //
Maira Gall