Monday, July 16, 2012

Nursery Craft Time!

Yes, it is true...we have a nursery. No baby. But we have a nursery.

We have the crib, and the dresser, and the glider...and now we have some super cute box shelves and a rocking chair! The shelves we had from before, they used to be in our guest room (but now we don't have a guest room because we have a nursery). The rocking chair was mine when I was very small...and Mark has been getting on me for months about doing something with it (or he wanted to throw it away! Ugh!). I had started to sand it down last summer and I was going to stain it dark, but then I realized that was a MUCH bigger task than I had originally planned. So it sat there...and sat there...and now here we are a year later and it was still sitting (wow, talk about procrastination). Finally I decided to paint it. Spray paint it. It was SO easy and literally took me like 10 minutes.





The box shelves were already black, I just used some painters tape to create a striped design on one and a chevron print on the other. Then spray painted. Let it dry and peeled the tape off! Bam!

I had the nursery made gender neutral to begin with, because the primary use of it was for foster care. We still don't know if we will end up adopting a boy or a girl, but we want to have a circus theme. So the colors we are going with are bright orange, yellow, lime green, and (depending on if we adopt a boy or a girl) blue or bright pink. So anyways, I painted the shelves yellow and the chair green. The gender-specific colors will come into play in the bumper (which Mark's mom is going to make for us), and a few things that we will hang on the walls.

Here are a few ideas that I've found on Pinterest...









Now, to find that baby! ;) xoxo


Photobucket

No comments

Post a Comment

© // Jojo & Bee //
Maira Gall