Tuesday, July 10, 2012

It's Confession Time...

Today I parked in the "Expectant Mother" parking spot at BuyBuyBaby.

I also purchased diapers. They smell like baby.


And wipes.


And onesies.


I *might* have a slight obsession with girl clothes.


Oh yeah, and a bottle. But just one.



There, I said it! I gotta be honest, it is kind of weird buying baby stuff. Especially when you don't have a baby. I feel like a weirdo. But then I remind myself that it needs to be done, and that I am indeed NOT a weirdo, because adoption can happen FAST. Take the situation we were presented with two weeks ago- that sweet little baby was presented to us on Wednesday and needed to come home on Friday. And had we adopted him, I would have been completely unprepared (we didn't have a car seat, diapers, nothing...). So here I am buying baby stuff (and fending off all of the employees who kept asking me if I was purchasing items for someone's registry...NO).

Anyways...to justify my parking spot I had a conversation with myself that went something like this..."Well it says 'Expectant Mother' and I am expectant...I'm just not EXPECTING." For the diapers, wipes, and bottle (just one bottle, because it's kind of the non-committal way of preparing)...I figured it would be best to have those on hand so that I don't have to feel like I need to rush to the store while we're on the way to the hospital to get the baby. And the onesies...well...mostly I just can't resist myself. LOL Don't worry, I kept the receipts so that I can return the girl stuff if we adopt a boy (and vice-versa).

Last week while my parents were visiting they also purchased the car seat we wanted! And here's another confession: I took the car seat out of the box and kept it in the living room for like 5 days simply because I like to look at it :) And here is a confession for Mark (ha!)...on multiple occasions he has pretended to pick up "the baby" out of the car seat all like "Aww little baby you're so cute" HAHAH I love it. He's the best.




Alright, confession time is over! I hope you don't think I'm a crazy lady now...



Photobucket

2 comments

  1. I have ALWAYS wanted to park in the Expectant Mother's parking space. It was justified. I'm glad you did it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha It definitely was justified!

    ReplyDelete

© // Jojo & Bee //
Maira Gall