Friday, June 21, 2013

Week 23 Baby Bump: Q&A


Alright, week 23 and I'm feeling pretty good most of the time! Mark finally felt Joelle move last night, it was the first time that he was patient enough to sit there for a few minutes and wait for her to kick! But he did feel her, and he was like "Woah, what was that?!" It was just a soft kick while we were laying in bed...I'm still waiting for him to feel one of her whammy kicks. Those usually happen after I finish eating. We've had Mother's Day, and Father's Day, and two baby showers! It's been so fun being able to celebrate our little Joelle.

So anyways, here we go...!

  1.  Are you having morning sickness? Never. It is gone 100%. Hallelujah!
  2. How is the fatigue? I wake up really tired and crabby. I would encourage most people to not talk to me until I have at least eaten breakfast. On rare days I wake up feeling refreshed, but generally speaking I wake up a lot during the night so I'm just pretty tired!
  3. Frequent potty breaks? Yes, but it is getting less frequent (or should I say, I have learned how to hold it for longer periods of time!)
  4. Sense of smell? There are only a few things that still gross me out, one of which is the smell of the toilet (clean or dirty, makes no difference).  
  5. What are your cravings? Cereal. Lots and lots of cereal.
  6. What makes you most nauseas? Fish and veggies like asparagus.
  7. Do you have heartburn? Oh yeah! It was getting really really bad, so now I've started taking Prilosec everyday and that seems to have helped a lot.
  8. Have you been moody? Kinda...I think I would describe it more like being annoyed. People annoy me.
  9. Have you been crying a lot? Lately I only cry when I start to really think about the fact that Joelle is growing, and I can feel her, and that she is a real person!
  10. Weight gain/loss? The scale is showing a 13 lbs increase (but I still like to remind myself that I lost 8 lbs to begin with!).
  11. Do you have an innie or an outie? Innie...but it's starting to get stretched really tight.
  12. Any stretch marks? Nope.
  13. Have you felt the baby move? Oh yeah, it's almost constant! She feels like a huge fish flopping around, and she frequently kicks up really high on my ribs. Most of the time it seems that her head is down very low on my left side, and her feet are up really high on my right side. I'll feel her body making big movements down low and at the same time her feet will be kicking my ribs (but it doesn't hurt, yet!).
  14. Have you made your first baby purchase? We've started to buy things here and there, but really most of the stuff has come in the form of gifts! Her closet is almost full already.
  15. Do you think it will be a boy or a girl? She's still a girl.
  16. Who will be the baby's favorite person? I think it will be a tie between Daddy and Melinda.
  17. Who will spoil the baby the most? My mom. Definitely. And it's already started too!
  18. What has been the most fun about being pregnant? Right now I'm just really enjoying feeling her move all the time!
  19. What has been the most surprising? That I haven't gained more weight! I thought that if I ever got pregnant I would be one of those that just end up looking fat, but so far my body hasn't changed too much except my expanding belly!
  20. What have you liked the most/least about your first/second/third trimester? I love feeling her move all the time. It is getting more and more real all the time. What have I like the least? Bleeding, congested nose and not sleeping well. Not too many complaints!
 
Here's a look at my current cereal collection:





 
 And, let's not forget, Mark graduated with his Bachelor's degree!




 
 
Photobucket

No comments

Post a Comment

© // Jojo & Bee //
Maira Gall