Friday, June 7, 2013

Death, Inspiration, & Creating Your Destiny



Mark is off camping tonight, so I'm just sitting here with my dog and a big bowl of Thin Mint ice cream, reflecting on the things in my life that inspire me...and more importantly, the people who inspire me.

This weekend Mark and I have the privilege of attending the funeral of Mark's co-worker, Phil Nauahi. Phil was, and is, an amazing person with such a positive outlook on life. Even throughout his 18 year long battle with cancer he continued to live with the perspective that you should live each day to the fullest. Phil created his own happiness.




Now, I'm going to add a disclaimer: I did not get permission from the following friends to talk about them on my blog. But I just hope they won't mind :)

I love inspirational people! When going through trials I love to have other people to look up to...when trying to improve myself I love to see someone else who is setting a good example for me...I just love seeing people who go after their dreams, no matter how big or small they may be.

For me, my dreams include building a family and using my talents to help support my family. Of course along with "building a family" Mark and I also have the desire to foster and adopt, or at the very least to have some kind of positive impact on children in need. Over the years my outlook on life has changed from wishing wishing wishing that this/that/the other thing was different/better/etc. to embracing what I have now (although admittedly, I am not perfect and always have room for improvement).




One friend of mine has been a great example to me while Mark and I have struggled to build our family. Liz has a beautiful, adopted, multi-racial family. She showed Mark and I great kindness, even though she barely knew us, by dropping off a sweet note and plate of treats on a particularly difficult Mother's Day. A perfect example of her thoughtfulness. She is inspirational to me. And I love that her family doesn't "match"...something that I hope to one day see in my own family. She inspires me to continue in our fight to complete our family.

Something else that I'm always trying to improve upon - my health and overall wellness. My friend Amy is a superb example of health. She dedicated herself 110% and has transformed her body into the prime example of strong and beautiful. She is a fitness competitor, fitness model, and a fitness and nutrition blogger (most recently for BodyRockTV). She sets goals for her self and SHE ACHIEVES them. Her dedication is inspiring.

And you know what else? Not only is she succeeding with her fitness goals, but she is also succeeding in her desire to become a graphic designer. Recently landing a job with CBS, and she even has an awesome etsy shop (looking for birthday invitations, birth announcements, or wedding invitations? check it out: https://www.etsy.com/shop/PaperTalesCustom?page=1). This girl goes after her dreams, and I love it. She is the owner of her destiny.




Of course I certainly cannot talk about people who inspire me without talking about my husband. He is humble and extremely service-minded. I wish I was more like him! He is also dedicated. After 7 long years, working full-time, taking on all the responsibilities of a husband, and working through his own personal trials, he has earned his Bachelor's degree! And because he is never content unless he is progressing, he will be starting his Master's degree program in two weeks. He always gives 100%, he is always willing to give up his own time to help someone else, and he is always trying to improve himself. He inspires me to be a better person.

All of these people create their own destinies. I want to be like these people! I think it is so important to have purpose in your life, no matter what it is. Find your purpose! Find your inspiration! Become an inspiration! Take charge of your life and you can create your own destiny. Everyday I'm working to create my own destiny (but it's never easy, so I'm happy to have people like you to keep me going!). Live with no regrets, you will be happier :)


Photobucket

No comments

Post a Comment

© // Jojo & Bee //
Maira Gall