Thursday, September 10, 2009

Labor Day Cali Trip!

Mark and I were able to take a niiiiiiice loooooooong weekend to Cali over the Labor Day weekend. It was so fun! We were happy that we were able to spend lots of time with both Mick and Marilyn (and Melinda and Robbie and Brad and his wife, I forget her name LOL!!) and with my family as well.

On Saturday me, Mark, Lucas, Mick and Marilyn went to San Diego for some yummy mexican food and a trip to the USS Midway! It was super fun!! Oh, except the part where I freaked out and got claustrophobic and almost had a panic attack ;o) I certainly was not made for the Navy! Those ships are HUGE and yet so TINY! The hallways were all so small and hot...occasionally I felt a bit like "Get me the heck outta here!!" But it was fun anyway. I will post some pictures later on tonight...

We also spent some time with my family and even got both the Altmyer's and the Cathey's together for a big breakfast on Monday! I think we all gained about 5 pounds. Oh well...

As for a baby update- we are having to reschedule our homestudy, because of some changes we had to make to some of our docs. But it should be very soon, and I will be cleaning until then. haha. While we were in Cali my mom and I went to a garage sale/moving sale for a family in thier ward...and I finally broke down and bought my first baby thing. Its a bunch of new onsies that didnt fit their baby, so they were never used! They are all white (nice and neutral), but they are so cute and small!! Looking at newborn clothes makes me so anxious! I think I will put them in the closet of the baby's room...maybe even get some of those itty-bitty baby hangers to hand them on :o)

1 comment

  1. YAY FOR TAKING THE FIRST STEP! It get easier to buy baby things from here on. I think might of cried when I bought my first baby thing (I cry for a lot of thing baby related, though, LOL!). Keep the trend going. What I did is say, "OK every time I go to the store I will buy at least one baby thing." Weither it's a adorable pair of booties that cost like two dollars or a walker that cost $30. It really helps to build up the supplies and is SSOOOOOOOO THERAPUTIC!!!!

    ReplyDelete

© // Jojo & Bee //
Maira Gall