Friday, September 25, 2009

~Slight Change of Plans~

It sure has been an interesting road for us...and like everything else in life, there has again been a change in plans. We have been working with LDSFS since June, and we were getting really excited about our home study! But over the past few weeks we have had a terrible time with our caseworker. Unfortunately, we didn't feel as if we were being treated with the urgency and respect that we had hoped for. It was taking weeks for us to get anyone on the phone, leaving message after message but having no return calls. We began to wonder how we would ever be able to get anything done without the help and support that we so desperately needed! Finally, we prayerfully made the decision to withdraw our application from LDSFS and pursue other options.

As everyone knows, adoption is VERY expensive!! So we have been saving to work towards this goal. We still have this money saved, and will continue to save all that we can. $15,000-30,000 seems like an eternity away, but eventually we will get there....somehow, someway.

On the other side of things, Mark has been working with a Urologist who has discovered a possible reason for his lack of "swimmers"!! This is EXCITING! He has been taking a medication to treat the cause for about a month now, the doctor says that it will take 3 months to see results. Soooo, if this works we may be able to conceive on our own! It is an exciting prospect, so we are keeping busy to take advantage of these new swimmers ;o) hahaha

Now, at this point we are looking at two paths to the same result. Once we have the money saved we will do one of two things-- 1.) Use that money to try a round or two of IVF (this is assuming Mark's treatment is successful), or 2.) Use the money to adopt. We won't know for sure what the plan is until we reach that point...BUT BUT BUT...I'm always on the lookout for a private adoption as well! So keep your ears open!

5 comments

  1. WHOA! How much in the same boat are we?! LOL! Kevin and I felt strongly that for a various number of reasons LDSFS was not for us. So we decided on pursuing private adoption situations and trying to go through State/County foster/adopt programs. However, it seems like every road we've taken gets blocked a little while into it. BUT! I am making progress with my doctors too! It was a *HUGE* obstical with our insurance company and doctors. But FINALLY my Doctor gave me the meds I needed. So who knows if in 6 months+ if Kevin and I will be able to concieve on our own? If we do it'll still be an extremely high risk pregnancy with my condition but it'll be so worth it!

    Good luck to you guys! I hope things work out! (<--Whatever that means! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you guys the best no matter what the outcome is. I know you guys will make the best of parents no matter where your child will come from. I wish I could help in someway but the only thing I can offer is to keep you guys in my prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys! All we ask is for your prayers :o) We know that it will come one way or another, we just struggle with the "Why" is it so hard...there must be something we are to learn from this. Patience is one of them I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! My name is Hillary and I came across your blog through friends of friends. Anyhow, it seems like we're in a really similar situation. My husband and I have severe male factor infertility, tried IUI's and a round of IVF with ICSI, and still no baby. Infertility can be really isolating and lonely, so even though we don't know each other, I'm here if you ever want to chat or check out our infertility blog, infertilesisters.blogspot.com. Oh and I was wondering--what medication is your husband on? We were told that there was pretty much nothing that could be done to help his sperm, so I'm curious if there's something our doctor has missed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Hillary!

    My husband is taking something called Arimidex...which is not FDA approved for men because it is traditionally used for women who have breast cancer. He is taking it because he had very low levels of testosterone and high levels of estrogen (his body is converting the testosterone into estrogen). The medication slows the creation of estrogen, which in effect raises the testosterone levels. If your husband is in the same boat you may want to consult a Urologist who can prescribe him the meds!!

    ReplyDelete

© // Jojo & Bee //
Maira Gall