Saturday, July 7, 2012

Spreading the Word: A How-To-Guide

We've been getting a lot of questions lately about how people should be spreading the word about Mark and I wanting to adopt. For example, let's say you have a friend who approaches you and says "I just found out I'm pregnant, and I'm think I am going to place the baby for adoption." Now what? What do you say? Where do you send them? Here is our How-To-Guide!

"My friend/co-worker/girl I know is pregnant"

1.) First, find out (gently and politely) if she is planning on, or even considering, placing the baby for adoption. If she is, then let her know that you know a couple who is looking to adopt. If she is not ready to talk about it (sometimes it is just too early to be thinking about something like that for an expectant mother...I know if it were me I'd be in complete shock and wouldn't even know what I was going to do. Anyways, give them a few weeks or a couple months to get more comfortable with the idea, then talk to them about it again).

**Expectant mothers who are looking to place their child for adoption do not have to work with an adoption agency (although it is an option)...if she finds an adoptive family on her own then the adoptive family would hire an attorney and they would complete all of the legalities that way.**

2.) You could let her know a bit about us, depending on how well you know us, and then suggest she look at our blog. Give her this link: mark-brittaltmyer.blogspot.com. She can look through all of our info, posts, and pics without feeling like she has to commit to anything.

3.) Then if she feels like she wants to contact us further, she can email us at balty06@me.com.

"I don't know anyone who is looking to place their baby for adoption, but I want to help spread the word!"

1.) Share our link on Facebook! This is the fastest and most efficient way of reaching out to your hundreds of FB friends (and if you have your friends also share the link, and so on and so on...then it really starts to spread!). When you share our blog link make sure that you say something like, "Hey! Check out my friend's blog. They are an awesome couple hoping to adopt."

2.) Spotlight us on your blog. If you have a blog, make a blog post about us and then share it on your Facebook page.

3.) Follow our blog. If you have a blog, you can follow our blog (the link is on the right hand side of our blog, I believe it says "Follow This Site") and then your blog friends will be more likely to check out our blog as well.

But most of all, just keep us in the back of your mind! That way if you ever hear of a situation, we will be the first people you think of! And when you do come across someone who is looking to place, send us a Facebook message, email, or text to let us know that you are sharing our info :)

Ready, set, go spread the word!


Photobucket

No comments

Post a Comment

© // Jojo & Bee //
Maira Gall