Friday, August 13, 2010

Dear Diary....

Its been a while since my last attempt at Blogging. Honestly, I’ve just been keeping myself distracted with work, school, friends…anything really. Anything to keep my mind off the always pressing issue of having a baby. But guess what?! I HAVE SOME GOOD NEWS! Oh wait- no I don’t. haha Got your hopes up just a little bit didn’t I? Well now you know how it feels :)

Yes, here we are three years from that first negative test…and I am yet again staring at that unsightly “Not Pregnant” on my Clearblue test. I hate those words. Hate them with a passion…yet somehow we have developed a strong relationship over the past few years. Not Pregnant must really like me…because he just won’t leave me alone. The hopes of my “almost baby” are crushed time and time again. So what do I do when I finally get to that breaking point? I blog. It’s all I really can do to get it all out there- all this raw emotion that I don’t tell anyone about. I don’t like being the victim, and I don’t ever want to burden other people with my woes….I mean, c’mon, we all have something to complain about so I’m sure I don’t have it the worst. So anyways, I use my blog like a diary- expect I share it with all of you! Who knows…maybe someone actually finds this interesting. Even if no one ever reads it, it doesn’t matter. I’m doing this for me- for my sanity.

I try my very hardest every second of every day to just let it go….just relax…just pretend like I don’t care…like I’d rather have my big house and new car and fancy job….but we all know that’s a lie. I would give all of it up in a heartbeat if it meant I could carry a precious little life inside of me. To have a family. Not that I don’t love my life, because I do! I love my hubby so much- I love how supportive he is of me and how hard he works for our family. But (and he would agree with this statement) …our family just isn’t complete. Not yet. We long to see my big pregnant belly…to feel our little gift from Heaven move inside me…to see its squishy pink face…to smell him (or her I guess)…to wake up every hour all night long just to be able to comfort our crying baby…to clean up baby poop and throw up…but most of all to see them grow and learn and become their own person. That’s all we want. But instead we have to deal with the anxiety of the one-week-wait…”Am I? Am I not?” I become obessessive really. I can’t think about a single other thing between Day 28 and the day Mother Nature decides to grace me with her presense. I think about the empty room next to ours- I picture the crib and the rocking chair, I think of all the names we have picked out (seriously, we have like 20 names all ready to go! LOL).

Anyway. Its been more than a year since we did our IUI and started our adoption processes – both of which failed miserably. Since then I have seen a handfull of good friends get pregnant, have their babies, and I am truly envious. I am happy for them (really, I really am). That is one think I have learned in the past three years- how to honestly be happy for those who deserve it. I just wonder when it will be my time…and in the meantime I take care of my dog and husband like they are my children :) haha What are you gonna do…not much we can do. We save (and save and save and save and save…..), but jeezs it sure does take a long time to save $15-20,000. Wouldn’t it be nice if once we have the $20,000 saved up then – POW! Prego! Wishful thinking I know….but a girl can dream.

7 comments

  1. I'm reading, following and praying! Goodness, I can't even imagine on your end. And my heart breaks for you. There are so many hurting children and babies out there and then many parents who so easily get pregnant and abuse every piece of this little life they were granted. I pray for babies to enter your life! I pray for a baby to enter your womb!!!

    I'll be following you in this process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany...thank you for sharing your blog on facebook and having the courage to share your emotions. It took me 2 years to get pregnant with my first and I can relate to how you're feeling...pregnancy test after pregnancy test, doctor visits, basal thermometers, calenders, cycles, people asking when you're going to have kids, etc. It will happen. I remember vividly taking my final pregnancy test, which was routine for me...then glancing over at it expecting to see "not pregnant"...and was SHOCKED to finally see "pregnant"!! I called my husband with pure excitement and he too was shocked! I will pray for you, and you might also want to put your names on the Temple Prayer Roll. It really helps. Here's the number if you want it: 833-1211. --Allison Alexander

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Britt. Be strong, Heavenly Father has a plan...and I'm sure it includes a family for you. Sometimes waiting to see what that plan is is the challenge. As a parent I wish I could just make it happen for you and your wonderful husband, but alas I can't. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big hugs to you Britt-I have been following your story. I bet it will happen when you least expect. That has happened to several friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Britt...you are such a special daughter...I love you more than you will ever know...my heart breaks for you...as your mom...I wish I could make it happen...I know it will happen...I can feel it...the Lord has his own time table...I know you have faith in the Lord...so that being said...it's just a matter of when the Lord say's it's time...I pray for you and Mark everyday...every single day, that the Lord will bless you with the family that you so deserve...waiting is the hardest thing to do...BUT, I do know that the Lord hears and answers our prayers...sometimes, it's just not when we want them to be answered...we will continue to pray always...I love you!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. I LOVE WHAT YOU'VE DONE WITH YOUR BLOG!

    ReplyDelete

© // Jojo & Bee //
Maira Gall